These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the Lord

These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the King.

I felt lead to create a site where others can see what the Lord is doing in my life and keep updated on all His marvelous works in and through those He brings me in contact with.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

1 thing.....

Psalm 27:4-5
"One thing I ask from the Lord,
  This only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
  all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
  and to seek Him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
  He will keep me safe in His dwelling;
He will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
  and set me high upon the rock."

If you had only 1 wish, 1 thing you could ask God for what would it be? Seriously think of one thing you want more than anything in this life, what would you ask for? Would it be wealth? Fame? Health? How would you answer the question?

If I am honest before reading this passage I am not sure how I would have answer this myself, but in reading this I am reminded that all other things in our life except our relationship with God are temporary. Think about it... name one thing that you could ask for that could not be taken away from you except what David describes above?

Name one thing that will fill the void in your heart that exits when we don't live in relationship with our Lord? The old saying that our hearts were made with a God sized hole that nothing else can fill is true to each and everyone one of us.

So dear friends if you could ask our Heavenly Father for one thing what would it be? Take time today to pray as David did for one thing that will set you free and lead you to the abundant life (Peace, Joy, Restoration, etc...) Jesus promises.

Be blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment