These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the Lord

These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the King.

I felt lead to create a site where others can see what the Lord is doing in my life and keep updated on all His marvelous works in and through those He brings me in contact with.

Monday, December 12, 2011

He anticipates our needs

"Thou, O God, has prepared of Thy goodness for the poor."

I read this a couple nights ago and i finally get it now that i went through it...let me elaborate....
This weekend my bank account went...lets just say.... Low! ha, But it wasn't until after I threw a pity party for myself that I realized why it happened.  Asking questions such as where is my true identity? Who am I trusting? and what is coming about from this?  It is so easy to compare ourselves to the world and when we don't measure up, we lose focus on God, we allow our Joy to be stripped away and seem to be lost.  I was upset nonetheless, but that was the last thing God wanted me to do.... I ended up talking with my pastor and he went on to explain.... That I should have Joy in this situation for the fact that God brought this up in my life, and that my identity isn't in this world, it is not in my money or who supports me financially.  But trusting in Him..(provers 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, don't lean on your own understanding.") It was a perspective that is hard to look at in times of need and struggle but...God is good.  After our talk, God blessed me in a way that was by His timing and His alone.  My pastor and good friend, Kenny, reached for a sticky note on his desk, pulled it off and shook it like a polaroid pitch and told me someone named Jim needed some yard work done and that I could have it if I wanted.  How could I have ever doubted Him? Isn't it funny how we as humans think we are in the right more often than not? that we see ourselves better than we really are?  Thank goodness for His Grace.

All God's gifts are prepared gifts laid up in store for wants foreseen. He anticipates our needs; and out of the fulness which He has treasure up in Christ Jesus, He provides of His goodness for the poor. You may trust Him for all the necessities that can occur, for He has infallibly foreknown every one of them. He can say in all conditions, 'I knew that thou wouldst be this and that.' A man goes on a journey across the desert, and when he has made a day's advance, and pitched his tent, he discovers that he wants many comforts and necessaries which he has not brought in his baggage. "AH!" he says, "I did not foresee this: if I had this journey to go again, I should bring these things with me, so necessary to my comfort." But God has marked with prescient eye all the requirements of His poor wandering children, when those needs occur, supplies are ready. It is goodness which He has prepared for the poor in heart, goodness and goodness only. "My grace is sufficient for thee." "As thy days, so shall thy strength be."





No comments:

Post a Comment