These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the Lord

These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the King.

I felt lead to create a site where others can see what the Lord is doing in my life and keep updated on all His marvelous works in and through those He brings me in contact with.

Monday, December 5, 2011

To-Do lists

Well, today I counted and I have 9 days of studying left and 4 days of class... including finals.  The things that need to be done in my life have officially exceeded the length of my to-do list.  As I start my Monday(with so much enthusiasm) I am already feeling weighed down by the stress of the things that need to be done from...white elephant gifts, to grocery shopping, to studying(big one) to getting ready for Christmas, Oh did I mention bible studies? I don't know where I would be without a To-Do list....

I am sure you are reading this and saying, Scott, really? that is ALL you have to do? ....Yes, but everyones gauge is a little different in terms of being overwhelmed.  Today before I even look at my list or start my day in terms of the things on that list, I wanted to post something that is mostly for me and may help you today as well....

The realization of how self we all are....for instance, my "To-Do" list is MY! list, not yours or yours or his.... Today I am making it my goal to put at least 1 thing on my list that doesn't involve what I have to do... whether it be serving someone, being a listening ear, I am waiting for the Lord to show me, but I would encourage you to find something on your list or in your day that isn't involving you.

Romans 15:3 "For even Christ didn't live to please Himself....."

No comments:

Post a Comment