These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the Lord

These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the King.

I felt lead to create a site where others can see what the Lord is doing in my life and keep updated on all His marvelous works in and through those He brings me in contact with.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Faith

The definition of faith is believing in things unseen. If you have seen The Santa Claus with Tim Allen, in the movie his kid is asked if he believes in Santa and he says of course, and the step father asks him, how do you know? Because he hasn't ever seen him.  Then this is the best part.... the kid goes....have you ever seen a million dollars? He goes...no... then the kid says well how do you know it is real? Just because you haven't ever seen it doesn't mean it isn't real. LOVE IT!!!

After Jesus' resurrection, He shows up to the Disciples but Thomas isn't there.....The Disciples tell Thomas later....THEY SAW JESUS!!! Thomas doubts, he doesn't believe it UNTIL! he sees Jesus with his own eyes.... What does Jesus do....John 20:29 "Then Jesus said to him, because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who haven't seen and still believe." Oh man! Aren't we like that so many times? Say a prayer ....thinking in the back of our heads, I'm not sure this will happen but hey I prayed! Wheres the Faith?
The reason I write this is because I am guilty of this all to many times, where is this Faith that can move a mountain?  Well let's look at a passage in the Word that shows us where the Faith is....
Luke 7:1-10 "When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, He entered Capernaum. There is a centurion's servant, who his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to Him, asking him to come and heal his servant. When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, "This man deserves to have you do this, because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue. So Jesus went with them. He was not far from the house when the centurion(Roman Officer) sent friends to say to him: "Lord don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you.  But say that word and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, "God," and he goes and that one, "come," and he comes. I say to my servant, "Do this," and he does it. When Jesus heard this, he was AMAZED at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have no found such a great faith even in Israel." Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well."

Just like Thomas and many others in the Gospel, they felt they needed to touch Jesus, or see Him, or talk to Him! If only I could see Him! then I will be healed! If only we can touch his clothes then I will be healed! Just like Thomas, If I see Him then I will believed....This isn't Faith, Thomas trusted in his own eyes and no in Christ's power!!!  But this officer got it, he didn't need to see Jesus, or touch Him, or hear his words of healing...He had Faith that all Jesus had to do was say the word and His servant would be healed, he understood who Jesus was. He placed his faith in Christ not in his own abilities.

How are you trusting Christ with your Faith?  What is your sick servant?

No comments:

Post a Comment