These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the Lord

These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the King.

I felt lead to create a site where others can see what the Lord is doing in my life and keep updated on all His marvelous works in and through those He brings me in contact with.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The call of Elisha

Like I said, I have been reading through 1&2 Kings and yesterday I touched on how God saw these kings of the  Old Testament.  Today I wanted to share a little about the other thing that really grabbed my attention while reading through.

If you are not familiar, Elisha was a prophet of God, aka a mouthpiece of God.  He was the predecessor of Elijah, go figure! Now I'm not going to go into detail of who Elijah and Elisha is, if you want to know read 1&2 Kings.  But the thing that really grabbed me is, when Elijah called Elisha to follow him, it says here in 1 Kings 19:19 "So Elijah went and found Elisha son of Shaphat plowing a field." You are probably saying, okay Scott, why are you telling me this? Congrats, he was plowing a field when Elijah found him. THAT EXACTLY THE POINT! Just like our walks with God, I know for me I want to be found, when I am called by the Lord to something specific, I want to be found at work! It didn't say, Elijah found Elisha sitting around passing the time by.  NO!!! Elisha had no clue Elijah was coming, and that is exactly the thing, we have no clue when the Lord is going to call us into for example, a ministry, a job opportunity, or even call us home.  I know one thing though, I want to be found plowing the field, at work with my hands for the kingdom and you should to if you know who the Lord is and know what He is asking of your life.

Luke 9:62 "Jesus told him, Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment