These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the Lord

These are words & stories inspired by my walk with the King.

I felt lead to create a site where others can see what the Lord is doing in my life and keep updated on all His marvelous works in and through those He brings me in contact with.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No 'buts'

I have decided to read through 1&2 Kings and the Lord has been showing me a few things reading through and wanted to share a little about two things specifically.

The major theme of the book of Kings is, you guessed it, different reigns of kings within Israel, Judah and others.  But everytime a king is introduced, it goes straight into how he was viewed in the eyes of the Lord as a king. There are 3 different examples of this that I will share.
For example, 2 Kings 17:1-2 "Hoshea son of Elah began to rule over Israel in the twelfth year of King Ahaz's reign in Judah. He reigned in Samaria nine years. He did what was EVIL in the Lord's sign, BUT not to the extent sa the kings of Israel who ruled before him."

2 Kings 15:34-35 "Jotham did what was PLEASING in the Lord's sight. He did everything his father, Uzziah, had done... BUT! he did not destroy the pagan shrine, and the people still offered sacrifices and burned incense there."

2 Kings 18:3-4 "Hezekiah did what was PLEASING in the Lord's sight, just as his ancestor David had done. He removed the pagan shrines, smashed the sacred pillars and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke up the bronze serpent that Moses had made, because the people of Israel had been offering sacrifices to it. The bronze serpent was called Nehushtan."

Do you see what I am talking about? After every BUT there is nothing but bad things to be said, even if he was pleasing before the Lord.  I don't want a BUT next to my name before the Lord, and I think that is what we all should be striving for.  Think about it... what is it in your life that you know is not pleasing to the Lord? I mean it isn't like these things are hiding somewhere, no it is obvious to you.  Look at Hezekiah!!! There are no BUTS! it just goes straight into what he did that was pleasing to the Lord.  I am not sure about you, that is exactly what I want.... Not a BUT next to my name. Nothing good ever comes after BUT, well at least that I can think of.  As men & women of God we should be striving to please the Lord, but even more than that, removing the BUTS!


Tomorrow I will post on the other thing that really grabbed my attention, it has to do with Elisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment